VUT Postgraduate School Application
New Higher Degrees Students
If you wish to apply for admission to a higher degree at VUT, you should complete the following steps:
Check admission criteria
- Check the entry requirements to find out if you are academically qualified to apply for a higher degree.
- Identify available Higher Degrees and research areas available at VUT.
VUT Application form
- Application forms can be downloaded or collected from the Higher Degrees Unit.
Complete application form
- If you require assistance identifying and obtaining agreement from potential supervisors, need clarification of a research topic, and/or require confirmation that you meet the entry criteria for admission to your nominated research degree, then you should complete an application form for admission to a higher degree.
- You are required to provide a research proposal with your application, indicating the nature of the research you wish to undertake. You are encouraged to consult with acaddemics at the University in your chosen discipline prior to lodging your application.
- If you have obtained agreement from an academic to supervise your propsed research and your academic qualifications meet the entry criteria for admission to your nominated research degree, you should complete an application form.
Submission off application form
- A fully completed application form must be submitted to Higher Degrees Unit via:
– Hand deliver
Attach all certificates and documents to your apllication form. Photocopies must be certified as being a true copy of the original. Originals must be produced before actual registration.
Assessment of application
Your application will be assessed initially by the Higher Degrees Unit and then sent to the relevant Faculty. The Faculty will consider the following:
- That you are appropriately qualified to enter the program;
- That suitable supervisors are available for the duration of the candidature;
- That sufficient resources are available to support the candidature;
- Any conditions to be placed on the candidature such as enrolment in prescribed courses.
Outcome of application
- If your application is successful you will receive an offer letter which will include any conditions that have been placed on you candidature.
- The letter will outline your program, supervisory arrangements and any other details relevant to actioning the offer and your initial enrolment.
- The offer may be provisional if verification of documents or claims is required.
Outline of steps a student application form will follow:
Registration of Current Higher Degrees Students
A student has to re-register each year for the duration of study of the Higher Degree
Student completes application form and submits to Higher Degree unit via:
- Hand deliver
Closing Dates for Application forms
First year registrations are from October onwards until end of January the following year.
Applications close on the 30 March for re-registrations each year for the current year.
Outline of steps a student application form will follow for re-registration
See Also :