North-West University (NWU) Postgraduate Studies
The purpose of doing research is to solve problems that limit the growth and development of societies, communities, businesses and individuals. At the NWU, we remind ourselves constantly that we are here to make a difference in people’s lives and to nurture nature. By taking care of some of the problems humanity faces today and producing students ready to reshape the world, we are building a better university and a better South Africa,” says Prof Dan Kgwadi, NWU Vice-Chancellor, NWU Research Dynamics.
At the NWU our objective is to educate and empower our postgraduate students by providing quality programmes, ensuring well-educated graduates who are able to think critically and laterally.
One of the most important factors in deciding to enrol for master’s-degree or doctoral studies is the available academic expertise. In this regard you can rest assured: the North-West University prides itself on its increased research intensity, evidenced by the wide scope of postgraduate degree offerings.
But why enrol for a master’s degree or a doctorate?
- It strengthens your competitiveness as a graduate in a specialised job market.
- It extends and deepens your knowledge and skills in an ever changing international market.
- It offers you research preparation that enhances your ability to access, make sense of, and deploy new knowledge in a complex society.
- It builds confidence and credibility as a highly skilled graduate.
- It provides immense personal satisfaction and reward.
Quick Links To North-West University (NWU) Postgraduate Studies