CPUT Centre for Postgraduate Studies Fellowships
Postdoctoral fellowship funding
Postdoctoral fellows at CPUT are exceptionally well supported by a wide range of fellowships funded by external organisations and by the University.
They are also offered excellent research facilities, residence accommodation and international affairs assistance. Click here to visit the web pages of the Office of International Affairs.
The fellowship is tenable for one year and renewal for one further year is negotiable but not guaranteed.
Research interests of applicants must be in line with those of the host supervisor and be within the seven focus areas of the RTI blueprint.
Successful applicants will be required to comply with CPUT policies and procedures.
|Application deadlines: There are no deadlines|
|Stipend||A tax free stipend of R120 000 per annum is offered.|
|Supplementation||Fellows are allowed to supplement the stipend by up to two-thirds from other unrelated sources|
|Research costs||Fellows also qualify to apply for R60 000 research running costs. .|
|Allowed work||Fellows are allowed to work for a maximum of 12 hours per week and the salary is taxable.|
- Fellowships can be held in any field of research as stipulated above.
- Applicants must contact the intended supervisor.
- Applicants must have completed the doctorate in the last 5 years.
- Documents required with the application are: Certified copy of ID/ Passport, CV with a list of publications, Certified copies of certificates, Proposal of intended programme, Name of intended supervisor, Study permit if applicable.
- Successful applicants will be required to publish articles as stipulated by the Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CPGS).
- Application letters should be submitted electronically to CPGS at: MentoorE@cput.ac.za.