About University of Zululand (Unizulu) Postgraduate School
The purpose of our postgraduate studies support is to:
- Coordinate, extend and enhance the postgraduate support systems.
- Assist the University in attracting, training and producing quality
- Increase the number of postgraduate students (Honours, Masters
and Doctoral students).
Academic Staff Development
- Capacity development is aimed at ensuring that academic staff have the
- necessary support, skills and qualifications so that they are able to produce
- research and postgraduates of sound quality.
The University assists staff who are in their final year of Master’s and Doctoral degree studies with funds to free up their time, for improving supervisor contact and for editing and other write-up expenses.
The University provides funds for obtaining training to attain or improve skills in the form of attendance at seminars, workshops, forums etc.
The Research Office is responsible for cultivating a research culture by developing emerging and established researchers through facilitating access to research funding and recording information on research publications for submission to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) for subsidy.
Postdoctoral Fellowships and Research Fellows
The purpose of this initiative is to develop and implement a postdoctoral programme that will attract quality Postdoctoral Fellows and potential staff members to the university. Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are normally awarded to individuals within five years of having achieved a doctoral degree. The purpose of the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is to provide an opportunity for experiential learning in research, which may serve as a path for further academic and professional development.
See Also :